We continue supporting the health, safety and wellness of all our employees by following Ontario Health guidance as it relates to stopping the spread of COVID-19 in our offices, care settings and communities.
COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for all staff
Spectrum Health Care made the decision to make COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for all of our team members. We are requiring staff to comply with one of three options in order to provide patient care or to attend office locations:
- Provide proof that the first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada was administered and, as soon as reasonably possible, proof of administration of the second dose; or
- Written authorization provided by either a physician or nurse practitioner that confirms the individual cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19; or
- Complete a mandatory e-learning module.
The full press release can be read here.
Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health issued Directive #6 requiring hospitals, home and community care service providers, and ambulance services to have a vaccination policy effective September 7, 2021.
Vaccination e-learning module
COVID-19 self-testing videos
PASP COVID-19 self-testing instructions
Instructions for PASP self-testing can be found here.
Resources and more info
Below are some helpful resources about the COVID-19 vaccines from reputable sources:
- Government of Ontario's Vaccination Program
- Toronto Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Health Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 Vaccination Locator
Here are links for checking vaccine availability in your city. We encourage our staff to register and make an appointment for vaccinations.
Provincial booking system
Toronto and Scarborough clinics
York Region clinics
Peel Region vaccine registration link