Corporate events can widely benefit from incorporating new trends in order to keep attendees engaged and excited to participate.
When planning any type of event it’s essential to know what’s in and new in the event planning world.
Looking for ways to spice up your next event? Look no further! We’ve put together a list of the hottest trends sweeping the corporate event planning industry:
1. High tech events
Event technology has transformed far beyond a simple PowerPoint presentation or video displays. Some of the popular pieces of tech that we are currently seeing at corporate events include:
- For events that are large in scale and occurring over a few days, there’s a rise in event apps being created to share materials, pictures/videos, maps, and other interactive tools
Social media networking
- Such as event hashtags and live social media feeds
On the spot surveys or contests
- Surveys that are made to be answered right then and there, often through your phone or mobile device
- Such as meeting agendas or announcements that are sent to your attendees mobile devices
2. Focus on attendee engagement
This is a trend that has been more prevalent the last few years and is important to keep in mind when event planning. Gone are the days of sitting and listening to presentations and speakers for hours on end. Now event planners are working on incorporating the attendees more than ever! Hands on workshops, live demonstrations or small breakout groups are just a few of the ways event planners are making this happen.
3. Unique venues
Instead of a conference room in hotels or business facilities, there is a shift towards finding unique venues to host your corporate event. Event planners are using rooftops, sports venues or lofts, just to name a few!
4. Exercise breaks and healthy snacks
Research has shown that the most productive people work for 52 minutes and then break for 17 minutes. Event planners are scheduling more frequent breaks in which attendees are offered healthy snacks and a chance to get up and get some exercise.