Post Surgery/Wound Care
The recovery stage after surgery is an important part of an individual’s healing process. Spectrum Health Care’s post-surgery/wound care services are designed to support patients/clients during their recovery through the provision of customized nursing and personal/home support services. Our post-surgery/wound care services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are provided by trained nurses and Personal Support Workers.
Are post-surgery/wound care services right for you/your loved one?
If you/your loved one are recovering from a surgical procedure or have been discharged from the hospital with a wound that needs clinical care, our post-surgery/wound care services can ensure that the proper healing process occurs, resulting in a quick and worry-free recovery. Our post-surgery/wound care services include:
- Administering medication by registered nursing staff
- Monitoring pain management
- Providing wound care and addressing medical needs
- Assessing the need for specialized wound and ostomy care by specialized nurses
- Educating you/your loved one on the stages of recovery
- Assisting with activities of daily living which include: personal hygiene, meal preparation, grooming, laundry and light housekeeping
Did you know?
Spectrum Health Care employs specialized nurses with advanced knowledge and clinical skills in wound, ostomy and continence care. These nurses are referred to as Enterostomal Therapy Nurses (ETNs).
For more information on Spectrum Health Care we invite you to call our Toronto, Mississauga or Markham office. You can also complete our Contact Us form, located at the bottom of the page, and a Spectrum Health Care representative will contact you as soon as possible.