Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a disease that gradually paralyzes people. The brain is no longer able to communicate with the muscles of the body causing a loss of bodily functions. Ultimately the person suffering from ALS will lose their ability to walk, talk, eat, swallow and eventually breathe.
At this time there is no effective treatment and no known cure.
To learn more about this horrible disease, please visit https://www.als.ca/about-als/
Source: ALS Canada
- Skin Cancer 101: Do you know these facts?
- Calling All PSWs: Come to our Toronto job fair!
- Spectrum Health Care Foundation: From BBQs to Petting Zoos
- What makes life worth living in the face of death?
- Look who else is turning 40 this year!
- This Sunday is Father's Day!
- June is ALS Awareness Month
- Wanted: Personal Support Workers!
- Today is Personal Support Worker Day!
- Come to our job fair!