Best Practice Spotlight Organization
Spectrum Health Care is designated a Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO).
The BPSO program is a dynamic partnership between RNAO and health care/academic organizations that focuses on making positive impacts on patient care through evidence-based practices.
Spectrum Health Care has implemented a number of RNAO Best Practice Guidelines in order to enhance the quality of nursing care provided to patients. These guidelines include:
- Person and Family-Centred Care
- Prevention of Falls and Fall Injuries in Older Adults
- Assessment and Management of Pain
- Assessment and Management of Foot Ulcers in People with Diabetes
- End of Life Care During the Last Days and Hours
- Embracing Cultural Diversity in Health Care: Developing Cultural Competence
- Oral Health: Supporting Adults Who Require Assistance, Second Edition
Why is being a BPSO organization important to us?
Achieving the BPSO designation illustrates our long-term commitment to expand and improve our nursing services through world class evidence-based guidelines and practices. We are confident that our patients will see improvements in the quality of care they receive and our staff will gain valuable knowledge that will enrich their skills as clinical practitioners.
Being designated as a BPSO gives our nurses access to many enrichment opportunities including access to knowledge exchange symposiums, professional development programs, and eligibility for additional “Champion” roles within Spectrum.