Spectrum Health Care's nursing services are goal-oriented and centered on teaching our patients to assume responsibility for their own care. Our nursing services are designed to achieve specific outcomes for patients that can be measured and evaluated.
Our nurses are highly skilled in wound and ostomy care, intravenous therapy, palliative care, chronic disease management including diabetes, and dementia care.
Our Primary Nursing Model is based on the following principles, adopted from the World Health Organization's Principles for Primary Care which supports continuity of service delivery:
- Our Nursing service is a partnership between our patients and the nurse.
- Patient are to be active and respsonible participants in maintaining their health, care choices and their nursing service.
- Partnership and shared responsibility increases the patient's confidence in the servce and can help the patient achieve optimal health.
- Such partnerships can be supported with patients through effective communication.
Continuity of Service
- Our patients have an ongoing relationship with one primary nurse.
- The primary nurse accepts responsibility for service delivery, and when necessary, for coordinating the patient's nursing care.
- The primary nurse develops familitiarity with the patient, gains an understanding of his or her needs, and can better "anticipate" potential risks and complications that may arise.
- The primary nurse will also ensure that our services are continuous and consistently delivered in the event that a secondary nurse may be required.
- Continuity of care is accomplished through one-on-one reporting, case conferencing and the maintenance of clear patient records.
Emphasis on Keeping People Healthy
- Spectrum Health Care's Primary Nursing Model places priority on keeping our patients healthy.
- Detecting illness at the earliest and most treatable states and addressing risks before they can cause further complications are essential goals of our service delivery.
- We place emphasis on comprehensive assessment skills and "anticipatory" nursing care.
- All our nurses have access to health promotion strategies and disease prevention educational tools as resources for our patients' clinical treatment plan.
Appropriate, High Quality Care
- Spectrum Health Care's quality nursing services are monitored through our patient's own assessment of their care and objective evaluation of the results acheived.
- The emphasis on "appropriate" service reinforces the value of new and innovative approaches to service delivery.
- Our Customer Service Program helps to inform us about the care patients receive and identifies area for continuous improvement.
24 Hour Access to Service
- Spectrum Health Care provides primary nursing service as needed, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are always with you.
For more information or to order this service, we invite you to contact us at our Toronto or Mississauga office, or complete our quick contact form located at right and a Spectrum Health Care representative will contact you as soon as possible.