Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Clinic (Full Time)
This is a full-time position working under the general supervision of the Program Manager. The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing care to a variety of patients over the course of a day in a clinic setting.
We are looking for Nurses for the Toronto Ambulatory Clinic located at Bloor and Keele for 12 hour shifts, days and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and procedures of Spectrum Health Care.
- Works within the ethical Practice Framework of Spectrum Health Care.
- The RN performs Controlled Acts assigned to Nursing under the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- Provides input to members of the nursing leadership group regarding nursing practice issues.
- Continually assess assigned patients and identifies new concerns and discusses them with the appropriate resources.
- Ensures that the care of the patient reflects the interventions recorded in the Patient Care Plan and that interventions are appropriate and evaluated.
- Takes action in situations where the safety and well-being of the patients may be compromised.
- Provides direct personal care to patients.
- Administers medication
- The RN must be registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Certified Wound Care Specialist.
- Experience in Wound Care, Surgical Care, Ostomy Care, IV therapy/re-starts/Central Lines, Chemotherapy.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Sound problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal).
- Excellent nursing assessment and time management skills.
- Must possess a strong focus on delivering quality customer service.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must possess the physical ability to perform the day-to-day duties described in the duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and without immediate support.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to one of the following resources:
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that successful applicants will require a current Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.
If you require accommodation because of a disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (email@example.com) for assistance.
Human Resources Department