Enterostomal Therapist Nurse (Full Time) - Toronto Office
Spectrum Health Care is a fully accredited provider of home health care services dedicated to exceptional services, quality and professional development.
We are currently looking for a dynamic ET for our Toronto branch. The ET provides care for actual and potential skin integrity client issues related to wound management, skin ulceration, ostomy care, and continence related nursing diagnoses.
• Utilizes the nursing process, applicable standards and principles of quality management in the provision of safe, comprehensive and client directed health care.
• Validation of client's health history through a thorough, relevant physical examination.
• Ability to function and describe appropriate documentation.
• Certificate of competence as a Registered Nurse in the province of Ontario Certificate in Enterostomal Therapy and or wound management from an accredited program
• Minimum of 1 year clinical experience (in a community environment) preferred.
• Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building demonstrated ability to problem solve independently
• Function as an independent practitioner and to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
• Demonstrates skills in teacher/ resource roles and consultative working roles Knowledge of community resources
• Own Vehicle, possession of a current driver's permit and proof of vehicle insurance
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Ability to work in a fast -paced, high stress environment Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills
• Current CPR certification
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
• On-line job application
• Fax resume with cover letter to: 416-640-0259
• Email your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note that successful applicants will require a current Police Reference Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.
If you require accommodation because of a disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Human Resources Department