Personal Support Worker - Newmarket/Aurora/North Richmond Hill
We're on a quest to find a Personal Support Worker to service clients in the Newmarket, Aurora and North Richmond Hill Community.
As a valued member of the team, the Personal Support Workerwill help us champion our collective commitment to deliver quality care and fulfill our mission to help clients live fully every day.
The Personal Support Worker reports to the Clinical Care Coordinator and is responsible for providing personal care and assistance with activities of daily living for clients in the community.
- Performs client care according to the Client Care Plan.
- Provides personal care, emotional support and encouragement to client.
- Records observations of client’s condition and completion of tasks in the electronic chart via the PDA/Blackberry.
- Reports any safety issues or unusual findings to the Clinical Care Manager immediately.
- Follow routine infection control precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service. Physical capabilities: Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods; able to lift 23 kilograms independently; able to assist Clients. With standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition Clients in bed.
- Personal Support Worker certificate.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal; second language is an asset.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check within the last year
- Access to vehicle is an asset.
- Weekend availability is a must.
As a passionate, caring, and dedicated employee, what can Spectrum Health Care offer YOU?
- Travel time-Dollars for your driving?
- Stabilization Program-Want guaranteed hours?
- Paid in house and off site training-Looking to enhance your skills?
- Education Support Program-Studying to better develop yourself?
- Health & Safety Programs-Do you need benefits?
- Employee Recognition-What makes you stand out?
- Employee Committees-Join us!
- Profit Sharing-For all employees
- Grow within our 4 divisions!
How to Apply
Interested in employment with Spectrum Health Care? Have questions?
Call (905) 771-2766
Fax: (905) 771-2763
Send us your Resume today!
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that successful applicants will require a current Police Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.