Personal Support Worker - Stouffville Community
We're on a quest to find a Personal Support Worker to service clients in the STOUFFVILLE Community.
As a valued member of the team, the Personal Support Workerwill help us champion our collective commitment to deliver quality care and fulfill our mission to help clients live fully every day.
The Personal Support Worker reports to the Clinical Care Manager and is responsible for providing personal care and assistance with activities of daily living for clients in the community.
- Performs client care according to the Client Care Plan.
- Provides personal care, emotional support and encouragement to client.
- Records observations of client’s condition and completion of tasks in the electronic chart via the PDA/Blackberry.
- Reports any safety issues or unusual findings to the Clinical Care Manager immediately.
- Follow routine infection control precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service. Physical capabilities: Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods; able to lift 23 kilograms independently; able to assist Clients. With standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition Clients in bed.
- Personal Support Worker certificate.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal; second language is an asset.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Access to vehicle is an asset.
- Weekend availability is a must.
Based on assignments.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Spectrum Health Care, York Branch
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that successful applicants will require a current Police Check suitable for working with the vulnerable sector prior to commencing employment.