Our Foundation (SHC Foundation) was created to provide an avenue for our employees to give back to the community through organizations that align with our values of caring, trust, safety and responsiveness. Recently we had the amazing opportunity to sponsor and volunteer at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health’s (CAMH) annual BBQ and Peel Children's Centre’s (PCC) annual summer camps. Here is a quick recap on the events:
CAMH's annualGifts of Light Canada Day BBQ was a huge success. This year our Foundation was the Presenting Sponsor and helped CAMH pull off a half day BBQ for its clients and their families. Our very own Spectrum employees volunteered their time to set up, prep food, organize games and help with the entertainment.
We also had the privilege of assisting Peel Children’s Centre with their annual Summer Day Camps. Our Foundation committee and team of volunteers worked hard to plan two full day camps for 30 children enrolled in PCC’s programs. The camps included an ice cream truck, magician, visiting petting zoo, bouncy castle and loot bags.
Thank you to all of our amazing volunteers, you made both events a huge success! We look forward to future volunteer events that Spectrum Health Care Foundation will be a part of.
- Skin Cancer 101: Do you know these facts?
- Calling All PSWs: Come to our Toronto job fair!
- Spectrum Health Care Foundation: From BBQs to Petting Zoos
- What makes life worth living in the face of death?
- Look who else is turning 40 this year!
- This Sunday is Father's Day!
- June is ALS Awareness Month
- Wanted: Personal Support Workers!
- Today is Personal Support Worker Day!
- Come to our job fair!